We have compiled the list of top 8 social media platforms that offer greatest organic reach. Have a look.
1. Facebook: Facebook is certainly the best platform to promote your website. But the increasing popularity of this social networking site has arisen many challenges for the webmasters. Facebook has recently proclaimed that it will minimize the overly promotional page posts. With this proclamation comes the bad news for a majority of webmasters since it was one of the best ways for pages to improve their organic reach directly. A study has shown that Facebook pages that have million likes receive only 2.27% average organic reach. As an instance, if your page has 64.5 million likes, you can only reach around 1.5 million fans. Thus you have to pay to increase your organic reach. However, there are various ways to improve your organic reach such as posting fascinating content, videos and sharing things that your audience is most interested in.
Tips to improve organic reach:
1. Post at non-peak times: Yes, you probably have heard that you should share your content at the peak times. But let’s consider it this way, if there is less things being shared on Facebook, there are more chances for you to stand out.
2. Share self-explanatory images: It has shown that self-explanatory images reach more audience than normal images. The matter of fact is that nobody likes to read long articles word by word. Web users like to scan information and nothing beats self-explanatory images.
3. Listen to your audience: It’s always a bright idea to engage your audience with questions. This way you can ensure that you are serving to the right audience with the right products.
2. Twitter: Twitter is yet another most frequently used Social Media platform to post the recent updates. It is said, “Be brief, for you might not get a chance to complete yourself”. Perhaps, this is the reason why Twitter provides you with only 140 characters to post. However, with this limitation of words comes the difficulty of reaching the targeted audience. Also, the average interaction rate on Twitter is 0.03% only. In simpler words, for every 1 million followers the average interactions are 300, which means there are very less chances of reaching to even half of your followers.
A research by more than 100 brands has found that there are certain tactics to drive the highest traffic from Twitter.
• Include auto-expanded photos:
Twitter is gradually converting into a visual network and adding photos and videos can greatly improve your organic reach. A recent study by Buffer has shown that an average number of tweets with photos get 35% boost in retweets while videos manage to receive 28%.
• Leverage Real Time:
Twitter is certainly all about real time events and conversations and this is why a majority of brands have seen a huge jump in their retweets and organic reach by leveraging real-time. Make sure you stay true to your brand while joining in the conversation.
Here is a great example to justify what we are talking about:
British airways tweet when the Royal baby girl was born:
3. Google+: Google+ is the product of the search engine giant Google. Therefore, it is the best social media platform present today. However, Google+ has recently removed most of its features. It only has limited features now such as communities and collections. And in order to make the most of these features, you have to be active on it. Facebook and Twitter being the most popular platforms make many webmasters overlook the power of Google. However, you probably don’t know that for every Google+ interaction, a brand attracts 0.09% of follower count which is less, but it can be increased if you share it in different communities and collections.
4. LinkedIn: A post on LinkedIn can attract 20% organic reach provided it engages users. This number can even increase up to 60% only if you post more often. To boost the organic reach on LinkedIn, you should post more professional and informative data. For an instance, you can post case studies or may be an informative article on how to set up a business. Anything and everything you post on LinkedIn would help you widen your professional network. However, you need to ensure that you post at the peak time i.e. during business hours.
5. Pinterest: You need to make sure that you have an active Pinterest account if you want to promote your brand. Studies have revealed that the organic reach on Pinterest is much more than Facebook and Twitter because your pins are visible to greater number than the number of your followers. You probably don’t know that a Facebook and Twitter posts offer 90 and 24 minutes of visibility respectively whereas Pinterest can provide 151,200 minutes according to a recent study. To improve organic you can add PIN IT button on your blog and share infographics on your Pinterest account. Really, sharing infographics on Pinterest does work.
6. Instagram: Instagram, as you know is used to post pictures and videos. And it is actually very difficult to measure your organic reach on this platform. As a matter of fact, Instagram holds a total of 20% of the Organic Search.
You can improve your organic search on Instagram by actively commenting on other followers’ posts. Using the correct #hashtag can help you big time because that is used for the searching on social media.
Shoutouts are another way to reach a wider audience. However, only few brands are aware of this strategy and thus it is hardly used. In shoutouts, you can ask account holders with a large number of followers to share one of the best photos of your brands with his/her followers to improve organic reach and in return you can do the same to give back the favor.
Although the organic reach has declined but it would be too soon to say that it is out. Because technology can surprise you anytime.
Author Bio - Nirdosh has a knack for exploration and loves to dig into WordPress, and share her knowledge with others. She is currently working with WP Daily Themes. She is also a programmer, a writer and a motivational speaker.