If you haven’t already, you should take a look at ‘Microsoft by the Numbers’ where you will find an exciting collection of visual statistics about their portfolio of products and services. Here’s some exciting figures to whet the appetite:
- Xbox live has more than 48 million members in 41 countries
- Microsoft contains 16 businesses that turn over more than $1 billion
- The Windows Store has seen more than 250 million app downloads since its launch
- Microsoft Exchange Server and Office 365 account for roughly 51% of the world’s mailboxes in the business email market.
- Windows 8 has sold more than 100 million licences sold.
- Windows Server is the world’s most popular operating system holding 73% of market share as of Q4 2012.
- More than a billion people use Microsoft Office worldwide, that’s a almost a sixth of the world’s population.